Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Some Thoughts for Tuesday

Here are some thoughts I took away from my devotions this morning:

Conflicts can help me pinpoint problems in my life. Once I see them, I should accept responsibility for them and ask God to help me redirect my course. There have been times in my life were I have rebelled against God and after those times I have realized that I need to repent and renew my commitment to Him. I have found that He is always willing to offer me a fresh start no matter how serious my failures have been.

Sometimes doing right requires careful planning. Even when I entrust my life to God, He expects me to take action.

As I face difficult circumstances, I can find encouragement in the fact that God is ultimately in control. If I entrust my life to Him, He will lead me through even the darkest situations.

Regardless of what my spiritual heritage has been, however, I must accept responsibility for my own life and for my relationship with God.

When I feel cut off from God, I may be tempted to doubt that He is able to rescue me. It is at such times that I must rely not on feelings but on facts. I must remember who God is and what He has done for me in the past.

No comments: