Monday, July 27, 2009

Musings on a Monday

Well vacation is over and the new week has started. I had a great time but it's good to be back home. One of the things I really enjoyed on this vacation was the times of devotions I had, I really felt the Lord speaking to me. I really want to continue with that discipline and in doing so I will share what I feel the Lord is saying to me; so here are some thoughts on today's devotions:

As I reflect on my life, I must judge my past performance by God's standards of justice. I must also look honestly at my failures, and avoid the tendency to get defensive.

I have come to realize that if I'm fearless in my stand for truth and honesty, I will then build the foundation for true spiritual growth.

God is in charge of my world! He is master over all peoples and nations!

As I learn to believe in God's control even when things aren't going my way, I find that my life can still be serene in the midst of conflict. I can know that God desires what is best for me. Seeking His will and obeying His direction for my life is always best.

Tolerance may be a virtue, but endorsing sin never is, and the consequences of sin can last for generations.

If God is on my side, even the greatest of difficulties will not stand in the way of victory.

I have noticed that the most common command in all of Scripture is "Do not be afraid".

God shows me time and again that no matter how terrible the circumstances, He is able to give me victory, all I need to do is trust in Him.

I don't know about you, but is hard for me to give up control. I want to do things my way, and of course I want to take the credit for success. but that is exactly what God says not to do. He tells us to surrender all to Him. I need to learn to give my battles to Him. Whether I like it or not the truth is that I can't win them alone. But with God's help, I have found that no enemy is too large or terrible. I have found that if I'm willing to put my life in His hands, He will give me the victory.

As I honestly reflect on my spiritual condition, I come to realize that my strength comes from God as I seek Him through prayer and meditation on His Word.

No comments: