Monday, July 27, 2009

It's Better in the Bahamas!

I remember a few years back the Bahamian tourist people started a campaign to bring attention to their islands, and they made commercials that always had the phrase "It's Better in the Bahamas". Well this last week my family and I were blessed with the opportunity to find out if the phrase is true. Yes we spent a whole week in Freeport. We had been to the Bahamas before but i don't count those times because we were there on cruises and to me that is like the movie Vacation were they stopped at tourists spots for about ten seconds. Anyways, this time we really got to spend quality time on the island. I must say that we were not disappointed, we got to do a whole lot of relaxing and hanging out at the beach working on our tans. To me is very important to spend time with my family and I did just that.

During our stay we got to meet the locals and I must say that I found them to be friendly and courteous, wow what a difference from, oh never mind, I won't go there. We also got to do different things like para sailing, yeah my daughter and I did just that. I got to tell you that I don't much like heights but I felt that i needed to 'conquer" my fear, and besides my daughter kept pestering me about it. I must say that it was an awesome experience just to see the island from the air and feeling like you are flying, if you never done it, give it a try.

Getting ready to strap the chute.

Getting ready to take off.

Coming in for the landing.
A vacation is not complete unless you hit the local eateries, and we did just that, I got to say there were two things that I found delicious, one was the "Bahamian style" pizza and the other was the local dessert called guava duff. Man I could eat those two things all day long. All in all the week went by too fast, but I thank the Lord that I got to experience the Bahamas with those that are most important to me, my wife and daughter.

So over all I had an amazing week, awesome time with my wife and daughter. These are the things that matter, spending time with those you love. And is true It is Better in the Bahamas.

No comments: