Saturday, June 16, 2007

Rome The Eternal City


Day 2:
I had planned to get an early start but totally overslept. The alarm sounded at the right time but I was sleeping so good that I just turned off and dozed off again. Finally got up and we made our way into the city. There is only one way that I can describe my first impression AWESOME.

We concentrated our sightseeing in what is called ancient Rome, I kept imagining what people during those times were doing and how this place must have looked back then. I don't have the words to describe this, just to say that it is beautiful. Everything is huge.

One of the places we visited was the Mamertine Prison, where supposedly Peter and Paul were kept prisoners before they were put to death. It was an emotional experience to be in a place that I have read about in the Bible. Everything in this place just confirms that the Bible is true. I also took a walk inside the Colosseum it truly is colossal, I didn't know that it was built by Jewish slaves. All in all this was an awesome day, there is so much history in this city. Got back to the apartment around 11 pm. Let's see what the Lord lets me see tomorrow.

No comments: