Monday, February 19, 2007

Privileged

Every once in a while we have the privileged of listening and learning from great people of God. Yesterday was one of those times for me. I had the privilege of sitting at a teaching given by Dr. Robert Foster. Dr. Foster was a guest speaker at my Church CCK.

Dr. Foster is an extraordinary man who has spent most of his life as a missionary to Africa. To be able to listen to the many anecdotes he has from his many years of service would be enough, but Dr. Foster is a man who is totally surrendered to God and in love with Him. He was an inspiration to me just to see him at his age (82) still talking about missions with such a joy. One thing he said really stuck to me, he said that to be a missionary you don't have to get on a plane and go to a far away place you just have to totally surrender your life to Jesus and let Him use you wherever you are. May God continue to bless this great man and may he continue to be an inspiration to many, I know he was to me.

No comments: