Wednesday, February 14, 2007

No Matter What

Last night I saw the movie Facing the Giants, I'm not going to get into reviewing the movie or talking about the acting or directing or the predictability of the plot, there has been a lot said by others already.

I will say that the movie had an awesome message of faith and trust in God. There was one question asked in the movie that really impacted me, the question was, would you love God no matter what? Now before you answer take a moment to really see the meaning of this question. Get alone with God and ask the question again and analyze all the implications of it. Would you still love God if you loose your job. If you are a parent would you still love God if something happens to one of your children. If you are married would you still love God if your partner leaves you or if something terrible happens. Would you still love God if the doctor tells you that something is drastically wrong with you. I could go on and on but you get the point.

So you see the question is not as simple as it seems. I don't mind telling you that I struggled with this question last night, all I could do was go to my knees and pray to God that He will give me the strength and the courage to always love Him no matter what.

The Bible tells us in Deuteronomy 6:5 that we must "and you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength". This we can't do on our own we need Him to help us apply this verse no matter what.

No comments: