Sunday, August 2, 2009

We are not All the Same

There have been times in my past when I was tempted to do things that were not necessarily wrong but that could have led me toward a fall. I knew that such activities were dangerous, but it was hard to turn away, especially since some of my friends were involved. But as I got closer to the Lord and studied His word I learned that when we feel something is wrong for us, it is wrong for us. It may not be wrong for someone else, but that is not our concern. We are responsible for our own lives. We must accept this responsibility, which includes keeping our own consciences clean. I also learned that we must not only avoid sin, but we also avoid the path that leads toward sin. And this is why is so important to have people to hold us accountable, because is in those instances that they can help by reminding us not to follow the paths that have led us to sin in the past.

No comments: