Monday, August 23, 2010

Deja Vu

Even though is my day off today, I got up really early (6 am). I did it to take part of what has become for me a yearly "tradition" for the past I would say 10 or 11 years, that is taking my daughter to her first day of school. This year was special, not only because she is now a junior in high school, but also because she is starting a new adventure in her education. She started in the S.A.S program, a program that is geared for students to work on their college at the same time as high school. Is kind of like a dual enrollment program. Anyways, as I was driving my daughter this morning (driving like a maniac I add, since we were running late), I realized how this might be the last year I get to do this since she will be driving by herself pretty soon. It also made me think about the brevity of life and how fast it goes by. I still remember the times of dropping her off at Pre-K and so on. It reminds me of what the Bible says:"LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away".Psalm 39:4. So we must live our lives to the fullest and savoring the moments we get to spend with our love ones. For those of you that have kids that are young enough to be driven to school, enjoy it (in spite of the traffic), because before you know it, they will be all grown up and gone.

No comments: