Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sobering. A Friend is Gone.


Got some sad news today, a friend of mine passed away. He was still young (in his 50s) and still adventurous. He was living the retired life just bumming around and riding his Harley. I remember our time together in the PD how he used to say “got to live everyday like it’s the last one”, I wonder if he still felt that way. Anyways I hadn’t seen him or talked to him in a long while, feel bad about that, specially cause I don’t know if he knew the Lord. I feel bad that I only talked to him about the Lord once. Maybe I should have been more persistent. All of this makes me put everything in perspective; I’m I living my life to the fullest? I’m I ready to go? Have I done all I can to tell my unsaved friends about my Lord and Savior Jesus? The first two questions I have pretty much under control, the last one sad to say I have failed. I need to remember that tomorrow is not promised to us and that today is the day of salvation. Good bye my friend all I will choose to remember are the good and fun times we shared. I hope and pray that even though I didn’t lead you to Jesus someone else did. I hope and pray that I will see you again.

2 comments:

dogfreid said...

These things really do put everything in perspective.

Sorry about your friend.

Jorge Perez said...

Thanks Berny.