Friday, March 14, 2008

The Sopranos are Alive and Well, Living in Italy

As the Italians prepare to elect a prime minister, it seems that they have other things to worry about. My favorite country it seems is embroiled in a fight of dire proportions. No one will win next month's elections in Italy, especially not the nation's citizens. For all the campaign rhetoric about change and reform, everyone seems dead set on ignoring the country's fundamental problem: organized crime, or what we might call our criminal economy a.k.a The Mob. Full Story Here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i'm an italian boy and i read your comment. i found it very offensive.

First of all the sopranos series is totally unknow in italy ( the tv doesn't show brutal movies before 2 a.m.)and however they don't represent absolutely the italian culture (maybe they represent "american" culture)

Yes, the crime is a problem in southern italy but every single state have some problems of any kind, or not?
Sad you think with stereotype.

BTW times will change. i'm an optimistic person.

I suggest you to visit:

http://www.beppegrillo.it/eng/

A very interesting site and you'll find how the italian react to put Italy in the right way.

Arrivederci..

Jorge Perez said...

Notice that on my post I said that Italy is my favorite country. I love the country and the people there. I can't wait to go back. It is sad to me that the crime situation is so bad in certain parts. I don't mean to offend anybody but the truth needs to be stated.